Our Christchurch team is in the early stages of growth, therefore this role will initially be a work from home position, with this vision of moving into an office space after 6 months. Because of this set up we are looking for experienced Domestic Underwriters who can hit the ground running. You will get involved in new business, renewals and endorsements from day-to-day, whilst strengthening relationships with intermediaries.
If you have a slick and efficient service ethic, and a strong technical knowledge we'd love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Personal Lines Underwriting Manager in Auckland your main responsibilities will include:
- Being the key point of contact for all technical underwriting referrals.
- Managing a portfolio of new business and ensuring the renewal of business is being retained by providing a first class service and technical advice.
- Being instrumental in process improvement.
- Monitoring and analysing trends across renewals and claims.
- Have technical and market-facing expertise within Personal Lines products.
- Possess exceptional communication skills across all mediums.
- Be logical in thought process, inquisitive and have a strong understanding of the New Zealand market and emerging trends.